LibrePlan is a collaborative tool to plan, monitor and control projects and has a rich web interface which provides a desktop alike user experience. All the team members can take part in the planning and this makes possible to have a real-time planning . LibrePlan is open source and you can download, install and customize it for free. LibrePlan is a web-based application, making project management available to not just the project manager, but the entire project team, and if necessary across organizations. This is another full featured tool supporting resource allocation, Gantt charts, financials, and more. These features coupled with a web based application make LibrePlan a great collaboration platform.
The open source edition is supported by a vibrant community of thousands of businesses, hundreds of thousands of users, and countless developers and partners that help shape its direction. That means that while its core functionality far surpasses that of alternatives, and it can be easily extended through the hundreds of plugins developed by professional Vtiger developers, and available on the extension marketplace. With all that, it’s no wonder that Vtiger’s free open source CRM ranks #1 in total downloads on SourceForge, at 4.5 million to date.
web2Project is a Free Open Source business-oriented Project Management System (PMS) built for the future. Further, we know there is no “one-size fits all” project management solution and do not intend to create one. Therefore, our focus is on providing a flexible, feature-filled, and stable platform to build upon for your specific business needs. Most importantly, our regular release cycle provides useful updates to the community on a regular basis.
Some of the key features of web2Project are:
- A secure web-based infrastructure capable of managing any number of projects, companies, departments and users;
- A one-stop shop for all project information to avoid confusion and reduce risks;
- Role-based permission system to give the Project Manager fine-grained control over sensitive data;
- Project and group-wide Gantt Charts;
- A unified calendar – with iCalendar support – showing all relevant tasks and events;
- A modular infrastructure which allows the addition or removal of modules to customize the features according to your requirements.